Volunteers are vital to Second Harvest Food Bank, we depend on the time and efforts of our volunteers t help us better serve our community. Our volunteers perform tasks that we would not otherwise have the staff or time to complete and allows us to get more food out into the community where it is needed.
Monday 9:00 am- 12:00 pm
Tuesday 12:30 pm- 3:00 pm
Thursday 12:30 pm- 3:00 pm
*Call to inquire about additional days and times
** Volunteer hours are subject to change according to warehouse needs
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Group volunteer projects are set up on an individual basis.
They are scheduled in advance or in conjuction with an event to ensure there are
enough projects to be done for every member. Perfect for organizations, youth groups, etc.
If you are interested please email email@example.com or call Jessica t 209-239-2091.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What will I be doing?
- Sorting and Labeling Canned Goods
- Sorting miscellaneous product
- Sorting and Boxing Produce
How Often do I need to come?
- As often as your schedule allows, we are very flexible and glad for the help!
What should I wear?
- Please dress according to the weather outside volunteer work is done in a warehouse so the temperature can either be very warm or quite cool.
- No open toed shoes will be allowed in the warehouse, closed toed shoes must be worn at all times.
- You can bring gloves if you would like but we will also provide them to you if you would like
- Due to the use of forklifts and other machinery in the warehouse we do not allow headphones while on the floor.
Do you need volunteers for special events?
- Yes! We do need volunteers for the special events that we throw throughout the year simply contact Jessica at the Second Harvest offices to sign up at either 209-239-2091 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do you reward your volunteers?
- We track all volunteer hours throughout the year and every June we have a volunteer Barbecue. Certificates and hour Pins are handed out at the event as a special thank you for your services.
Do you need volunteer Drivers?
- Yes! Especially during the Holiday Season October- January
- You must have a clean driving record as we add you to our insurance and you drive our vehicles
Is there an age limit for volunteers?
- Yes volunteers in the warehouse must be 18 years or older for insurance purposes
- Exceptions can be made for large groups but they need to be set up in advance
We do allow younger volunteers at various events throughout the year so please check back often