There are many factors to consider when donating food. For instance, does the product need to be refrigerated?
Food donations from food distributors and individuals are always welcome!
Things to consider when donating food:
- Does this product need to be refrigerated?
- What is the expiration date of the item(s)?
- Food may not be past the expired date.
- Food items must have a label with ingredients and nutrition information.
- Type of packaging (We do not accept bulk (No. 10) cans, which hold 96 oz.)
Items that are always needed at Second Harvest Food Bank:
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Rice, beans, and pasta (dry)
- Peanut/Almond butter
- Boxed meals i.e. Hamburger Helper/Macaroni & Cheese
- Juice and shelf-stable milk